The following are off-site links to the various places I visit to find new Hârn-related information and ideas.
- The HârnPage
- A great place to start finding out about the HârnMaster system. It is the official fan page for the HârnMaster system and HârnWorld ld. It includes instructions on how to join the e-mail list, an index of various HârnFolk (myself included) and a ton of fan-written articles.
- The Hârn Religions Team (HRT)
- Now hosted by Lýthia.com, a collection of sites (one for each religion on Hârn plus a few extra) that contain original articles that expand on the basic information provided in HârnMaster I and Gods of Hârn. (I have two articles on the Agrik page.)
- The Inns of Hârn Web Page
- A fascinating place of Inns, drinks and merriment. There you will find a scattering of inns in full detail for your reading pleasure. Such places are common enough in Hârn - on this site you will find a few in great detail with characters and story ideas to suit any campaign.
- Bill Gant's Web Site
- [No Longer Available] Creator of the Bill Gant Rules that everyone seems to be using, this author has a dynamic web page filled with, as Carl Sagan would put it - "Stuff!" Also includes the most comprehensive list of HârnLinks (my own included) I've ever seen anywhere!
- The best source for Hârnic downloads and updates about the HârnForum.
- The new harnlist.
- Yes - we're there too.
Who's Linking to my Page?
This topic has come up several times on the HârnList. Where do you find a source of game plots? Well - here's a good starting list:
- Role Playing Games - Home Page
- A fascinating site that contains page after page of editorials, story ideas, suggestions and much more. The majority of it seems to be AD&D related, but there is some for Sci-fi games too. Almost all of this could be converted to whatever game you wish.
- Welcome to Uncle Figgy's Realm
- The ultimate guide for how to role play. Uncle Figgy details how to be both a good PC (in one article) and how to be a good GM (in another).
- The Roleplayer's Guide
- This site has links for Adventure ideas, tips, archives, you name it! Under Adventure Ideas are five articles that range from the 36 plot points to AD&D detailed plots. Easily modifiable to best suit your game!
- 36 Plot points
- This popular source of plot ideas is summized and detailed on this *new* web page (updated 07/02/2002)
Another common request for information from the HârnList Here's a bunch of links that are a pretty good start.
- The Herb article on the HârnPage
- This is not where it all began but rather an additional 8 herbs written up by Matt Whalley. These herbs are also available locally.
- My own collection of herbs (from various people & sources).
- Ok so it's not really an off-site link.
- The infamous Herb File (this thing is huge!)
- Originally written for another role playing game, this compendium has everything from the very common to the very magical. Unfortunately it doesn't have pictures.
- The unofficial Alchemy article.
- Just in case you're looking for alchemy recipies and not herbs.
- Trotsky's article on realworld poisions, and their doses.
- Robert Reiner's work on Harn and Culpepers book.
- Robert Reiner did some nice work about herbs on Harn and Culpepers book.
- The English Physician (on Line)
- This is a definitive real-world source for all the information you never wanted to know about mideavil medicine.
- A Boke of Gode Cookery
- Here's the other neat thing you can do with herbs. You can cook with them. This page is all about mideavil cooking and eating as a celebration of life.