Harnic recipes

This is where you can talk about HârnWorld places, people, religion, magic, society and cultures, etc. Ask questions about towns and cities, ruins, mines, and gargun nests, mysterious map references, and battle sites. Can be published commercially or by fans, it doesn't matter.

Moderator: Spartan

MDMann
Constable
Constable

Harnic recipes

#1 Post by MDMann » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Salman wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 pm
WarFlail wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:26 pm
No significant agenda here - just intending to make a dish or two for our next game session using 'Hârnic' style vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dice one rutabaga, few carrots and, and a parsnip. Mix with oil/butter, herbs (thyme, tarragon and chives) and honey. Add pinch of salt if you like. Roast in 175-225 C about for an hour.

Serve with beer stewed pork and this delicacy you have to found out by yourself :wink:

Perhaps we should found a harnic recipes thread...
A good idea
Per Sir Veer.

Nightly Knight
Reeve
Reeve

Re: Harnic recipes

#2 Post by Nightly Knight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:14 am

I recommend this website: http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/ which has a very comprehensive alphabetic list. I used parts of it recently for a guildsman's feast characters were invited to, and the players absoutely loved it. They loved how exotic and atmospheric it was, it really established the mood and led into the intrigues that were to follow. Plus some of them actually sound pretty interesting.