Lythia.com Issues

Announcements, news and updates of things that affect members. NEW MEMBERS & GUESTS PLEASE READ.
Leitchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lythia.com Issues

#1 Post by Leitchy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 am

17-AUG-2016 0900hrs AEST

There seems to be another problem with lythia.com (NOT the forums this time). I just updated the software to the latest version and there seems to be a problem. I can no longer administer the site so I may have to reinstall the software tonight. I *think* you can still search the site and find files but if you have issues, you'll know that the problem is.

On the overall issue people have been reporting, the hoster has been in contact and is investigating.

17-AUG-2016 2140hrs AEST

The problem with the admin pages has been resolved. Looks like I interrupted the update process and cause a failure to update a bunch of important files. A manual upload has fixed the problem. As for the Server Unavailable issues, the hoster says that it's possible the site is becoming too busy for the hosting service (which is the lowest and cheapest level possible) and recommends optimising the website and its database, or moving to a virtual server of my own.

I've located and installed optimiser plug-ins for both lythia.com (which is WordPress) and the Forums (which is phpBB) and both report everything is fine. In fact, very little was removed so I have my doubts that was the problem.

If I could ask you all to continue to let me know (once every few days would be fine) if you still experience problems. I've put a sticky post in War Ferrets for you to use.

If things continue as they are, I might have to look at upgrading the service, but only if it's affordable. :)
Cheers

Leitchy
Site Admin
FAQs & Links

rob
Knight
Knight

Re: Lythia.com Issues

#2 Post by rob » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:21 am

The server just wants a nice Holiday away from things.... :D