Lounge

Moderator: zrayaan

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

Lounge

#1 Post by zrayaan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 am

This is a Lounge area where you can make-small talk out-of-character. Post freely.
Cheers, Konnel.

Eshâyaél | Green & Pleasant Land

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

Re: Lounge

#2 Post by zrayaan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 am

Please introduce yourself and post a date and time that you are available for character generation. Rathgar, I can meet with you in person. For everyone else, Google Hangouts might be a good idea for this; we could use my Roll20 campaign, but some users are still experiencing some difficulties.
Cheers, Konnel.

GarryHamlin
Villein
Villein

#3 Post by GarryHamlin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 am

Garry Hamlin, Georgetown, Kentucky. Harnplayer since Harn World was 1st published in early 1980s. Currently GMing a home game. Have run Harnmaster sessions at Origins and GenCon. Author of Harn adventure module 100 Bushels of Rye. Retired. Can work with most schedules with sufficient prior notice.

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#4 Post by zrayaan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:29 am

Hello, Garry. When I first started running Harn way back in '92 I had two modules, Staff of Fanon and 100 Bushels, and ultimately decided to adapt 100 Bushels to Ars Magica.

This seems like a good time to address scheduling. (If all works well) Because each character will have its own dedicated topic—it's own subjective timeline—players:
can post at their own pace without affecting the group
can work more closely with the GM to establish a narrative game that flows

It's my job as GM to keep the time flow straight, which I will do through timestamps and links. When PCs congregate then we'll open a new topic for that event. The idea is to make the medium work for us.
Cheers, Konnel.

Corrivatus
Cottar
Cottar

#5 Post by Corrivatus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 am

William Sinatra. Macon, Georgia. I'm 24, a father to an amazing one year old son. I work in the IT field with a focus on Linux systems, mostly weekend support escalations. Fortunately since I'm in front of a computer most of the time I'll be largely free to post and participate.

I've never gotten to actually play harnworld. I've mastered AD&D1e and Shadowrun 5e throughout highschool and college, and ran a short, but well loved harnworld campaign at the end of my AD&D1e campaign. I actually used 100 Bushels of Rye as the first module for my players, and the guys from highschool still talk about what an amazing session they had with it.

It's been a couple of years since that point, but I'm elated to have the chance to play again.

Thanks for mastering Konnel, and since Gary is here, thanks for the amazing module!
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Bracken
Half Villein
Half Villein

#6 Post by Bracken » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi! Jo Butel, Central Otago, New Zealand. GMT+12, this time of year. I work in the vineyard four days a week, the other three days are mine. American time, these are Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

I play MUD and have had a PC in Harshlands for the past few months. Apart from that, this is the first role playing game of any sort I have played. A classic noob.
" that beauty and truth shall pass utterly " Stephen R Donaldson

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#7 Post by Ken_Snellings » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Ken Snellings,

Old time Harniac who counts Chybisa as his favorite of the Harnic kingdoms. Had a hand in the old CC2 to Harn Mapping Project (CHMP) and these days, along with Jeremy Baker, I help to run Kelestia Productions. Say hi to Walt Gary. ;)
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#8 Post by zrayaan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:12 am

I am adding out-of-character lounges as companions to the main narrative spaces. There, I can post background information and you can ask questions—the behind-the-scenes activity, in other words.
Cheers, Konnel.

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#9 Post by zrayaan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 am

I think now the best way to do this is to have two topics per character: one for out-of-character chat where we can get into the nuts and bolts of the game interaction, and one for the "official" rp narrative. This way it's easy for me to divulge information about the campaign and world, especially for those who are not very familiar with the setting. I'll try to get one for every character by tonight; feel free to ask away, and start building your character's arc—where you want to take it, motivations, etc.
Cheers, Konnel.

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#10 Post by zrayaan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Let me know if there is any interest in voice chat. I am trying out Discord, which should be a much more stable solution for roll20.
Cheers, Konnel.

GarryHamlin
Villein
Villein

#11 Post by GarryHamlin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Sorry to be dense. But I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I sense that the ball's in my court...but I can't seem to find it. Any thoughts?

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#12 Post by Ken_Snellings » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 am

I'm a bit in the same boat. Not sure what, if anything, I'm supposed to be doing. :)
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#13 Post by Ken_Snellings » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:28 am

any body out there?
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member