map/ locations Ect of godstones/ Barasi points

For GameMasters who want to ask advice of other GMs, get GMing tips, and talk about plot hooks, gaming aids and accessories of all kinds; things that could make a GM's job easier.

Moderator: Spartan

Dan L P
Beadle
Beadle

Re: map/ locations Ect of godstones/ Barasi points

#26 Post by Dan L P » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Peter the skald wrote:I have seen a map connecting melderyn and emelrene with lines that form two pentagrams, I think they are supposed to represent lay lines or other energy stuff. Anyone remember this?

As for lythian cultures being aware and utilising ley lines etc then it is pretty darn well hidden in Canon considering that the author's usually leave clues/easter eggs/bloody big signposts to anything mystical/gnostick existing.

Of course, one could have this as a/the p-harn deep mystery; crazier things have been suggested. But to reiterate, there are more references (i.e. One :) ) to the great old god Cthulu than lay lines in Canon. :)
As far as the Lythia culture being consciously aware of Ley lines I think not, but maybe they choose places to build and live on a subconscious level being affected by the good feeling about the area over the Ley-lines, the earthmasters are another matter, I believe they are more evolved with their Godstones and artifacts controlled by their auras. They either could sense the Ley-lines or they had artifacts to help them find Ley-lines.

As far as reference to ley-lines in canon, you could take a hundred years writing books and not completely answer all of what is canon for all the continents and the planet Kethira.

Krazma
Baron
Baron

#27 Post by Krazma » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Dan L P wrote:As far as reference to ley-lines in canon, you could take a hundred years writing books and not completely answer all of what is canon for all the continents and the planet Kethira.
You wouldn't need a hundred years to determine what's canon (though it can sometimes feel like it). I'm guessing you meant something a little broader.

Peter the skald
Grand Master Silly Bugger
Grand Master Silly Bugger

#28 Post by Peter the skald » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Just read up on ley lines, and it is just possible that the creators thought they were bunkum so did not address them. Harsh in a world of elves, magic, dwarfs and a developed tarot card set... :) but just saying

Could be other reasons for deliberate omission of course........
Plots and schemes are the same thing..

Shagwell
Reeve
Reeve

#29 Post by Shagwell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 am

Peter the skald wrote:I have seen a map connecting melderyn and emelrene with lines that form two pentagrams, I think they are supposed to represent lay lines or other energy stuff. Anyone remember this?
As the developer of that map, it certainly brings back memories for me - particularly my poor creative writing skills in attempting to present a story around it!! :oops:
The dot-point explanatory notes in Thonahexus #7 would still give the best idea of the background to the map. I have never got around to checking whether the Emelrene locations actually match up to any of the special zones from Kelestia's (much) later kingdom module.
"...blogging is literary pole dancing."
Robin Hobb