First Time Game

For GameMasters who want to ask advice of other GMs, get GMing tips, and talk about plot hooks, gaming aids and accessories of all kinds; things that could make a GM's job easier.

Moderator: Spartan

Warden
Yeoman
Yeoman

First Time Game

#1 Post by Warden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:29 am

Hi all

I've been interested in Harnmaster for years now, and I've peppered the forums with my questions to the point that I think I am now (a) ready to GM the game and (b) driven people nuts on here.

I've created a character but don't want to go through it again, so is there a pre generated character I could print out? I've looked at the Friends and Followers offerings and they're great but I'm not use to the format/layout.

Also, is there a short scenario I could use for our first game? Has to be short, as I'll be hoping to fill the hour or two after character creation this weekend.

Happy new year all and thank you very much for answering my questions. Much appreciated.

gmkeros
Woodward
Woodward

Re: First Time Game

#2 Post by gmkeros » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:49 am

I think A Shower of Silver was short, and it had pre-generated characters.

Peter the skald
Grand Master Silly Bugger

#3 Post by Peter the skald » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

The recently posted three barrows by krazma could do the trick. I intend to stretch it out over a session or two, but for a small no.of players it could zip by
Plots and schemes are the same thing..

Peter the skald

#4 Post by Peter the skald » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:43 am

On lythi.com by the way...great map, great floor plan, great beastie and great artwork...

Warden
Yeoman
Yeoman

#5 Post by Warden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:03 am

I was looking at Three Brothers Barrow the other day, I think I'll take another look

Thanks for the tip

Krazma
Baron
Baron

#6 Post by Krazma » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Warden,

If you end up using Three Brothers Barrow, I'd certainly be interested in hearing how it goes. One tip: when you are describing things to the players, remember to use all the senses, not just what they see. That can make even the simplest of encounters come alive.

Warden
Yeoman
Yeoman

#7 Post by Warden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Krazma wrote:Hi Warden,

If you end up using Three Brothers Barrow, I'd certainly be interested in hearing how it goes. One tip: when you are describing things to the players, remember to use all the senses, not just what they see. That can make even the simplest of encounters come alive.
Will do, thank you Krazma

Peter the skald

#8 Post by Peter the skald » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Which is most sage advice particularly for this adventure...i had to do a read through to work out why any adventurers would persevere in such 'orrible conditions....:) Nothing like something out of place to spur on the curios...

When I am going to run it I am even going bring a small pot of said smell to the table....immersive gaming eh :)