Urban Adventures in Hârn/portable to Hârn

For GameMasters who want to ask advice of other GMs, get GMing tips, and talk about plot hooks, gaming aids and accessories of all kinds; things that could make a GM's job easier.

Moderator: Spartan

wererat
Half Villein
Half Villein

Urban Adventures in Hârn/portable to Hârn

#1 Post by wererat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello,

do you know of urban/city adventures located in Hârn or that are easily portable to the setting? After our initial clash with Hârn and HM3 we will most likely continue to use background and system and I'm contemplating a campaign based on the city of Thay in Melderyn featuring a small group of unguilded or guilded city dwellers as player characters. Usually I'm ok with writing my own material, but I would like to see a few more typical stories to get a firmer grasp of the background.

MDMann
Constable
Constable

Re: Urban Adventures in Hârn/portable to Hârn

#2 Post by MDMann » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:29 pm

There's some good fanon based on Coranen, Tashal and Golotha. On lythia.com and in the search history for ideas.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#3 Post by Rothesay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 am

Bonesnatchers is pretty good for the urban environment. It's in Cherafir though I set it in Tashal.

Session notes are here and conclude here. 8)

wererat
Half Villein
Half Villein

#4 Post by wererat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 am

Rothesay wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 am
Bonesnatchers is pretty good for the urban environment. It's in Cherafir though I set it in Tashal.

Session notes are here and conclude here. 8)
Yes, indeed! I've found that and am planning to run it - maybe to start off the campaign, maybe after some other introduction to the city. It seems easily portable to Thay.

Ilkka
Knight
Knight

#5 Post by Ilkka » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 pm

What do you need from a (pre-written) urban adventure?

Should it revolve specifically around urban activities, i.e. artisanary production & trade & politics? Maybe not that adventurous, in the classic sense?

Or are you more interested in urban surroundings, i.e. city blocks surrounded by walls? It makes a tight plot.

Also are you more into the classic Hârnic whodunnit-type adventures, or open sand-box adventures, or what?

Ilkka