HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20 - Events

A forum to discuss topics replated to the organsiation, running, or post-Con windup of the current HârnCon, wherever it may be held.

Moderators: Spartan, NicktheLemming

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20 - Events

#1 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 am

Hi all,

We are two months away from HârnCon 2014!

I would like to use this thread to bounce around ideas for events at HârnCon. Note that this discussion is not just for GMs. If you are coming to HârnCon and you have an idea about something you would like to try out, please add your ideas here to bolster the discussion.

Please note also that GMs are not required to produce an original event for HârnCon. There will be many participants who are new or relatively new to HârnWorld and HârnMaster, and there are plenty of resources available for events that can be run with minimal preparation time. Some examples are:
  • Field of Daisies or Dead Weight from Columbia Games, both of which have quick-start rules and pre-generated characters
  • A Shower of Silver from here at Lythia.com, a well-written adventure, also with great pre-generated characters
  • Bifyrd-Feron Adventures and many other fan creations available here at Lythia.com, all of which are ready-to-run with minimal preparation
Here is a list of events that are planned as of today, but we need a few more to make HârnCon a real success.
  • Kaldoric Succession Council - King Miginath has passed on, and no successor has been named! Participants will take on the roles of the major players in the power struggle to select the next King of Kaldor. This is a popular group event from conventions past, run by forum guru Kerry Mould.
  • 100 Bushels of Rye and Redemption – The “original” Hârn adventure and a sequel inspired by the excellent Lake Lelanas fandom article submitted to Lythia.com last fall.
  • Storm over Forwelm – Something “odd” is happening in the wilderness west of Meselyneshire. Features a miniature-scale model of Forwelm Manor for BattleLust skirmishes.
  • A yet-to-be-named scenario using Cthulhu Dark Ages rules set in Hârn. Guaranteed to be both scary and slimy!
Looking forward to reading your thoughts on HârnCon events here, and to seeing everyone in a couple of months!

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by Brénan-al-Saél on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Sastaz
Beadle
Beadle

Re: HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20 - Events

#2 Post by Sastaz » Thu May 22, 2014 7:13 am

Wow, a 100BoR follow up based on Lake Lelanas. Any chance I can have a look at it even though I can't attend? I actually had plans for something in the way.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#3 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 am

Sastaz wrote:Wow, a 100BoR follow up based on Lake Lelanas. Any chance I can have a look at it even though I can't attend? I actually had plans for something in the way.
Sure no problem. Right now it's a collection of unformatted notes and such from a playtest in April. I'll be cleaning it up before the con and I'll send you a copy.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Sastaz
Beadle
Beadle

#4 Post by Sastaz » Thu May 22, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm very happy that you enjoyed it by the way! I wrote Lelanas in a "fluffy" way so a "crunchy" module (aka adventure) is the perfect companion really.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#5 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 am

Hi all,

HârnCon is only 6 weeks away!

Here are a couple more events that will be there:
  • Red Caravan – A dangerous trek up the silver way by a small party of adventurers runs into freak weather…
  • a play test of Ascendent (a new Kaldor Succession block game)
See you in July!

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#6 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 am

One month to go!

The Warhorn site has the latest registrations and scenarios on the schedule.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca