HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20

A forum to discuss topics replated to the organsiation, running, or post-Con windup of the current HârnCon, wherever it may be held.

Moderators: Spartan, NicktheLemming

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

Re: HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20

#26 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 am

Hi all,

We're two weeks away from HârnCon!

There are still rooms available for anyone booking last minute accommodations. For the best available rate, please check out the "Deals" section on the Coast Hotels site: http://www.coasthotels.com. Our venue is the Coast Vancouver Airport Hotel.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

lawrence
Villein
Villein

#27 Post by lawrence » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 am

I was at the first Harncon some years ago in Vancouver. Looks like I'll be at this one too. Flight and room are booked and paid for. If you need another game to be run, I can drag out Frozen in Froyaheim for four players. I ran it once in Kansas City and have tweaked it a bit since then.

Hopefully I won't get stuck trying to get Conwan selected as the successor to Miginath this go around. Those who were there seemed determined to not allow Conwan to be successor this time around as he had been selected way too many times before. (He was selected at the first Harncon. ) I was way too ignorant of the Kaldor politics to do a credible job, but still it seemed a bit unfair that even his sister's vote was against Conwan. Oh well.

Lawrence
Let us go then, you and I...

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#28 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 am

lawrence wrote:I was at the first Harncon some years ago in Vancouver. Looks like I'll be at this one too. Flight and room are booked and paid for. If you need another game to be run, I can drag out Frozen in Froyaheim for four players. I ran it once in Kansas City and have tweaked it a bit since then.

Hopefully I won't get stuck trying to get Conwan selected as the successor to Miginath this go around. Those who were there seemed determined to not allow Conwan to be successor this time around as he had been selected way too many times before. (He was selected at the first Harncon. ) I was way too ignorant of the Kaldor politics to do a credible job, but still it seemed a bit unfair that even his sister's vote was against Conwan. Oh well.

Lawrence
Awesome Lawrence! I'm glad you are able to come to the con. Yes, please do bring along Frozen in Froyaheim ... I'm sure we'll have some players for you.

(BTW if you thought it was tough to get Conwan in, try playing a bearded Thilisa ... no one ever took me seriously :?)

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

jpm
Reeve
Reeve

#29 Post by jpm » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:39 am

Hotel and flight booked. Did not book a car as I'm at the event hotel.

One very unusual note for me is that since I'm running an adventure someone else wrote, my adventure is complete! :oops:

I still need to pick up the Map(s) for Ascendent and print some files but otherwise it looks like I'm ready to go...
The King is dead. Long live the King. All Hail Calsten II, King of Kaldor and Lion of the North!

Gothmog
Site Admin
Site Admin

#30 Post by Gothmog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:09 pm

jpm wrote:Hotel and flight booked. Did not book a car as I'm at the event hotel.

One very unusual note for me is that since I'm running an adventure someone else wrote, my adventure is complete! :oops:

I still need to pick up the Map(s) for Ascendent and print some files but otherwise it looks like I'm ready to go...
Look forward to seeing you again! :D It's only been 8 years or so!
Ok, let me get this straight. These guys come in, trash the place, slap Agrik & Larani around, and the most intelligible thing they said was "Zog!"?

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#31 Post by Ken_Snellings » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:53 am

not in the cards for getting there this year, but I hope you all have great fun. Hoping you can get it streamed!
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America

Jwatson19
Gone to Yashain

#32 Post by Jwatson19 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:23 am

I realy wanted to come but I just decided I can't make it. Hope youi all have fun and hope you can get at least some of it streamed.
The venerable James
Web Site: http://www.jswatson.info
Seeking Harn Players in Madison, Wisconsin

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#33 Post by MDMann » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 am

Alas six months old baby (and her mother) say no. Try and make the next one, or one in the UK.
Per Sir Veer.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#34 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 am

HârnCon is 4 days away!

I'm getting pretty pumped, but I still have some prep work to do. 8O Looks like we will have 20-25 participants throughout the weekend, with 2-3 tables running in each session.

Sorry I won't be able to offer an online game for folks who can't be here - first priority is to be sure we have enough scenarios to accommodate all the live bodies.

I will be posting updates and photos here throughout the weekend, however.

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by Brénan-al-Saél on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

rob
Knight
Knight

#35 Post by rob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 am

Sorry to say I can't make it. Wish to see BC again, as well as the Harniacs! Have two months till knee replacement, then no pain!!!!

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#36 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 am

rob wrote:Sorry to say I can't make it. Wish to see BC again, as well as the Harniacs! Have two months till knee replacement, then no pain!!!!
Good luck with the knee. no pain = good thing
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#37 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 am

BTW If anyone is bringing along an entourage who won't be participating in the con, you will luckily miss the current heat wave we are experiencing. The weather in Vancouver will be beautiful over the weekend.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Gothmog
Site Admin
Site Admin

#38 Post by Gothmog » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:46 am

Brénan-al-Saél wrote:BTW If anyone is bringing along an entourage who won't be participating in the con, you will luckily miss the current heat wave we are experiencing. The weather in Vancouver will be beautiful over the weekend.

Cheers,
Brian
That's good to hear. Been cooking in Calgary for awhile now. Could use some cooler temps.

FYI- I'll be driving out Thursday.
Ok, let me get this straight. These guys come in, trash the place, slap Agrik & Larani around, and the most intelligible thing they said was "Zog!"?

rob
Knight
Knight

#39 Post by rob » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 pm

This area has cooled off from the temps in the 90sF/32C approximately. Thanks to another Polar Vortex wanting a summer vacation.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#40 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 am

Brénan-al-Saél wrote:BTW If anyone is bringing along an entourage who won't be participating in the con, you will luckily miss the current heat wave we are experiencing. The weather in Vancouver will be beautiful over the weekend.
BTW, entourage members aren't the only ones who can enjoy the nice weather ... the patio at the hotel pub opens at 11:30am daily ;).
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

lawrence
Villein
Villein

#41 Post by lawrence » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Cheers,
Brian
Damn, I had forgotten Harncon 1 in Vancouver when we stayed in a cheap room at the university. No AC, a sun coming up at some ridiculous hour, and flocks of the noisiest birds imaginable on the lawn outside. We could have closed the window, pulled the curtains and just baked in our beds, but we didn't. We gave up around 6:30 or so and got in our car (AC blasting) to find a room at a motel. Aside from that, had a great time!

Lawrence
Let us go then, you and I...

Sageryne
Knight
Knight

#42 Post by Sageryne » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:31 am

Hi Brian,

What time are we starting on Friday?

- Kerry
Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle. - Mal, Firefly.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#43 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 am

Sageryne wrote:Hi Brian,

What time are we starting on Friday?

- Kerry
The opening session on Friday evening is scheduled from 7-11pm, but I will be around the game room all afternoon, so feel free to drop by any time after lunch.

Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Sageryne
Knight
Knight

#44 Post by Sageryne » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Brian,

I will come to the hotel in mid-afternoon (around 4 - 5 pm).

- Kerry
Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle. - Mal, Firefly.

jpm
Reeve
Reeve

#45 Post by jpm » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:14 am

I should be there shortly after lunch.
The King is dead. Long live the King. All Hail Calsten II, King of Kaldor and Lion of the North!

jpm
Reeve
Reeve

#46 Post by jpm » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:17 am

lawrence wrote:
Damn, I had forgotten Harncon 1 in Vancouver when we stayed in a cheap room at the university. No AC, a sun coming up at some ridiculous hour, and flocks of the noisiest birds imaginable on the lawn outside. We could have closed the window, pulled the curtains and just baked in our beds, but we didn't. We gave up around 6:30 or so and got in our car (AC blasting) to find a room at a motel. Aside from that, had a great time!

Lawrence
The birds were nothing... you should have heard Leitchy's snoring... :twisted:

Gothmog
Site Admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by Gothmog » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 am

Kirk and I should be there mid afternoon. Enjoying lunch down at the dock.

jpm
Reeve
Reeve

#48 Post by jpm » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Just a quick update from Vancouver. Had a great time so far and looking forward to some additional games tomorrow.

Played the succession council tonight. I played Hemisen Curo, and for the first time, in all the sessions I've played I managed to come out on top.
Thanks to my supporters, and of course thanks to my detractors as well.

Given my new role as King, I have a few changes to make for the betterment of the kingdom of course... Sir Maldan Harabour, is named Earl of Olokand. Sir Koris Harabour is named Sherrif of Meselyne Shire and Baron of Setrew as a vassal to the Earl of Olokand. I have also granted from the royal domain, Pendeth to Olokand, Sir Tulath Kaphin shall be named the Earl of Balim, however, Fisen shall henceforth be under the domain of the Earl of Minarsis, and Kyg is granted to the Earl of Osel; and Finally, Lady Cheselyne Elendsa will take over the most important role as Chancelor of the Exchequer.

While many loyal subjects have sworn their oaths of fealty, a few are delinquent in this duty. I urge the following vassals to to progress to Tashal in order to swear their oaths before the next Yealah: Lord Orsin Firith, Baron of Kobe, Lord Eralar Hirnen, Baron of Nenda, Sherrif Conwan Elendsa, and Lord Troda Dariune.

HM, Calsten II, King of Kaldor and Lion of the North...

St Benedict
Half Villein
Half Villein

#49 Post by St Benedict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 am

Looking for any reviews/playtest notes of Ascendant...sorry I could not be there.
Peace,
Dave Mareske, Hollis Center

Gothmog
Site Admin
Site Admin

#50 Post by Gothmog » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:00 am

Just got in. Long drive but it was worth it! Good time had by all! Thanks to Brian for hosting! It was good to see some people from the last con I was at. Looking forward to next year! :D