HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20

A forum to discuss topics replated to the organsiation, running, or post-Con windup of the current HârnCon, wherever it may be held.

Moderators: Spartan, NicktheLemming

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

Re: HârnCon 2014 - Vancouver - July 18-20

#51 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 am

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who came out to HârnCon 2014! We had a grand total of 20 participants throughout the weekend, and a great time was had by all!

I've been resting up since the conclusion of the con last night, but expect some pictures and a summary here shortly.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#52 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Here's the list of participants at HârnCon this past weekend. Where possible I have included their Forum name.

Brian McNeilly (Brénan-al-Saél)
Michael Beck
Bev Gordon
James Hoefling (Gothmog)
Kirk Thompson
Patrick McDonald
Caitlin McNeilly
Erica McNeilly
Marie Paul
Michael Alford
Shane Dopson (Shane Dopson)
Andrew Ip
Kerry Mould (Sageryne)
Lawrence Bryan (lawrence)
Jean-François Caron
Paul Pitzel
Aldo Santolla
Rob Duff (Tirpal Mirath)
Tom Dalgliesh
Grant Dalgliesh (Grant)

A brief synopsis ....

On Friday evening we had two tables running: Patrick McDonald hosted the demo of Ascendant and Brian McNeilly hosted The Talisman of Valon (instead of the planned beginner session).

Saturday morning had two tables of roleplaying: Michael Beck hosted The Doom That Came To Schwarren and Brian McNeilly hosted 100 Bushels of Rye. In the afternoon session Patrick McDonald hosted Red Caravan and Brian McNeilly hosted Redemption, the sequel to 100 Bushels. In the evening, Kerry Mould was the host for the Kaldoric Succession Council group event.

On Sunday we were a smaller group, but enough for two tables of the Ascendant play test, again hosted by Patrick McDonald. There was enough time in the afternoon for some more roleplaying, so Patrick generously hosted Red Caravan for a different group of players, and Lawrence Bryan hosted the second table with Frozen in Froyaheim.

There were a lot of great events and a big thank you goes out to all the GMs who brought their talents to make this a great con.

Pictures to be posted soon ...

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by Brénan-al-Saél on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#53 Post by Ken_Snellings » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 am

Pics or it didn't happen! *flails about*

Glad you all had a good time.
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#54 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 am

Some pictures ... (sorry I didn't take too many - busy weekend!). Perhaps others will post theirs as well.

First up, from Saturday morning here is Michael Beck's game, The Doom That Came To Schwarren. Michael is in the centre at the back and going around clockwise from him we have Patrick, James, Kirk, Bev, Lawrence, and Jean-François (he goes by JF).

At the 100 Bushels of Rye table, from left to right are Kerry, Erica, Caitlin, Aldo and Andrew.

Forum member Shane Dopson is a member of Academie Duello, and he brought along a selection of his arms and armour for display (and some folks tried it on and looked quite dangerous!).

A snap shot from Redemption. This is the start of the Battle of Derwan, where the players defended the village against the gargun swarm.

And finally, Rob Duff brought along his pipes to send us all off in style on Sunday.

Last edited by Brénan-al-Saél on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#55 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 am

We didn't get around to testing out the defenses of Forwelm Manor, as the scenario requires some polishing before use, but I'm still quite proud of the model, which was on display throughout the weekend.

This first one shows the manor house beside the keep.

And this one shows some marauding gargun breaking through the front gate.

Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Ken_Snellings
Knight
Knight

#56 Post by Ken_Snellings » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks for the Pics Brian
Ken Snellings
CHMP Member
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#57 Post by MDMann » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 am

Presumably there was some play testing going on. So, when can we expect to see some new fanon posted? :D
Per Sir Veer.

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#58 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:24 am

MDMann wrote:Presumably there was some play testing going on. So, when can we expect to see some new fanon posted? :D
Well, for myself I'll get Redemption out as soon as I can clean up some of the text. This isn't a lengthy adventure and should be done soon. Forwelm Manor is coming along - my goal is to get it all done in August. The adventure that goes with it - "Storm over Forwelm" needs some additional work as it wasn't ready to play at HarnCon.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca