HârnCon 2013 Event Planning

A forum to discuss topics replated to the organsiation, running, or post-Con windup of the current HârnCon, wherever it may be held.

Moderators: Spartan, NicktheLemming

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

HârnCon 2013 Event Planning

#1 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 am

Hi all,

I thought I would kick start the event discussion by posting my own scenario that I will run at HârnCon this summer. If you are coming and plan to run something, please post here as soon as you can so we can put together the schedule.

My plan is to complete the Forwelm Manor article I have been working on for the Nelafayn Hundred Project ( I really mean it this time :D ). I'm also working on some maps and an article on Gifuso, and the infamous Torz "Gotch-eyed". The scenario that goes with it currently has no name, but will be a blend of HârnMaster roleplaying and Battlelust miniatures.

Rumour has reached Sir Wincarth that Torz "Gotch-eyed" is up to something at Gifuso. A scouting party is sent into the wilderness to find out what is going on, while Wincarth prepares the meagre defenses available to his isolated manor.

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by Brénan-al-Saél on Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

Re: HârnCon 10th Anniversary Events

#2 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:17 am

Hi all,

Here's a proposed schedule for the weekend. We will have 6 4-hour slots for games, arranged something like this:

Friday July 5

1pm-6pm - reception and ad-hoc gaming (I'll have all my Battlelust stuff set up for some minis bashing)
7pm-11pm - Slot 1

Saturday July 6

9am-1pm - Slot 2
2pm-6pm - Slot 3
7pm-11pm - Slot 4

Sunday July 7

9am-1pm - Slot 5
2pm-6pm - Slot 6

Sunday evening - farewell dinner for those who are still around
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#3 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 am

In case anyone is interested, this year does indeed mark the 30th anniversary of the first publication of Hârn in 1983.

We will plan a special celebration during HârnCon, so don't miss out!

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca

Brénan-al-Saél
Reeve
Reeve

#4 Post by Brénan-al-Saél » Fri May 31, 2013 3:52 am

We need a few more events for HârnCon!

Local registrations are picking up, so it's looking like attendance will be great, but a con is only as good as the events that are offered.

If you are planning on coming, please consider running a table (or two)! If you are worried about preparing something, there is a wealth of ready-made material available right here on lythia.com. There are many talented GMs in this community, and we want to show off what Hârn has to offer so we can expand the audience. That is what HârnCon is all about!

I think it will be especially interesting for participants if there are events using alternative rules (example - the Fate mechanics discussed on the forum earlier), so don't feel restricted when you are thinking about a scenario you can run.

For my part, the Forwelm manor module/adventure is coming along (including a miniaturized model of the entire manor for use with Battlelust!).

Please let me know if you have a scenario in mind.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian McNeilly
Burnaby BC Canada
bmcneilly@shaw.ca