Tarrying in Tashal and Environs

A place for members to provide other with game reports; narratives on what happened in their ongoing Hârn games and what kooky things their players did during their sessions.

Moderator: Spartan

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Tarrying in Tashal and Environs

#201 Post by Rothesay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:15 am

So, the players sandbagged me.

After the royal council met and voted 8 to 1 (Meden Curo sole holdout) to make Serli queen, they packed it in for the winter. They basically took four months off!

It is now Nuzyael of 733 and I'll be moving up the embassy to Azadmere which I didn't expect to have to deal with until 2018.

They were chortling over it the fiends ... :evil:

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#202 Post by MDMann » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 am

Good stuff. Revenge yourself. Have all the appointments and bulls as fait accompli. Make them retake Fana for the Khuzdul. Oh yes, write-up!
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#203 Post by Rothesay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 am

The appointments were made pretty quickly, with people like Kytem Curo dismissed, and various bargains made at Caleme honored. As the royal council has been dissolved, Ewen is no longer involved in government beyond this embassy, of which he is naturally the ambassador.

Open to suggestions on an appropriate gift from Chelebin IV to Hazmadul III.

There should be a fair amount of gargun encounters, maybe Fana, maybe not. I haven't had the opportunity to do a 'travel' adventure with the group for a while, so I'd like to take some time to do that. Silver Way, Zerhun, Habe will all come before the city itself. I may do a variant of the upcoming Guthe Bridge adventure. They will have a Khuzan with them, but otherwise are limited to 15. Six players, two NPC squires, and seven others of their choice.

I checked, and 732 took seven and a half real years to play out. 8O

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#204 Post by MDMann » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 am

A single sheaf of wheat, in a presentation box, pethsps adorned with Siemist symbols. Perhaps Sweldre. Naturally a fyrvian jorum.

Or a very pure lump of ore. Imbued with principle.

A battered shield that's enchanted.

Something that looks highly mundane yet symbolic, that is not obvious that the dwarves will really appreciate.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#205 Post by Rothesay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Session 141 in now available here.

Lord Balim outmaneuvers them all to give Kaldor a new sovereign - all hail Queen Chelebin IV! 8)

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#206 Post by MDMann » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Good to see them back. If I were the Harbaalese I'd strike Nephshire down Norons Way, avoiding Noron. Ah, what will the queen do whilst the baron is away? Besides increase her military forces?
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#207 Post by Rothesay » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 am

The Harbaalese are afraid of Noron, so they won't take that route.

Chelebin is conducting a major audit to find out why the royal coffers are so empty. Indeed, that began over the winter. Her next step is to secure the southern portion of the kingdom against the Pagaelin with a holding force. There will be no actual offensive operations this year. She will then pre-position Orsin Firith somewhere west of Olokand while taking personal command of the caer herself. When the Harbaalese arrive, she will already be there. A series of light horse will be put in place to provide scouts and some sort of early warning system. She doesn't trust Neph.

What the PCs do about this when they return is anybody's guess. They are of the opinion that they failed dismally last year (I concur) in their objective. I deliberately seduced them into dividing their focus between destabilizing the kingdom and participating in its government. That they took their eyes off Balim and what he was doing astonishes me. Balim actually reached out to them several times. But, in fairness, they played pretty close attention to Meden Curo, the actual royals, and the Harabors. Three out of four ain't bad - but - never take your eyes off the Spider Earl! :lol:

It may be some time before any of this comes to pass. They need to pull together their party that's going to Azadmere, start out, wait for the waters to subside, and then get to the City of Azadmere itself. I expect a number of sessions to be consumed in this activity. And gargun. Plenty of gargun.

As an aside, Sir Aeomund's player is dropping out due to RL interference, so he won't be going along. I'll probably make use of Jorlak of Falesh instead. 8)

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#208 Post by MDMann » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:56 am

I like Jorlajk and have him as a second cousin to Halime. Close, but not too close. If you want to mess with your players, have the dwarves take and hold Fana. If they do , it stabilises the east and strengthens Kaldor. They could even help...
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#209 Post by Rothesay » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am

Not so much Fana, but there might be some lesser or outlying lodge to clean out. You know, the Khuzan equivalent of going hawking in Kaldor. :D

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#210 Post by MDMann » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:08 am

You could have hints, plans and preparations underway to spike their interest. After all, the hunting expedition could be to season some unblooded beardlings, with a few guides as preparation for more meaningful assaults.

Boar hunting surely? A noble occupation filled with risk, the odd fatality and mauling but not that dangerous really. Something to brag about, work up the blood and bag the odd trophy. Plus you get sausages...
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#211 Post by Rothesay » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am

Indeed, the pork sausages will not be the same without Aeomund.

(One has to know the player: let's just say a field grade officer has quite the booming command voice when he wants it. One of my cats is unflappable in all things except that voice! :D )