saying hello

This is where new forum members can introduce themselves, tell us a bit about their roleplaying, the style of game they play, and anything else they want to share.

Moderator: Spartan

jboyd4650
Cottar
Cottar

saying hello

#1 Post by jboyd4650 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:34 am

Hello,

Long time Lurker, who just had to get into this group. I was amazed by the amount of information in Harn, until I found here. The information and thought that I have seen and read here.....I find fascinating (vast understatement).

been playing off and on since late 70's, but my greatest enjoyment with rpgs is the discovering oif how they make world mechanics work...to this end I collect rpgs. Harn was an odd one at first, but, as I gathered more modules, and eventually the core books....the world came alive.

Unfortunately, the world has spread out, and my time is spent on an off shift job, I have slowly moved from the playing aspect, but, someday I hope to get a game running in the Harn world, and on fantasy grounds (not sure of the system). Any one in the Pittsburgh, PA area, I can travel...but, mostly on the weekends. Would love to play.

James

revgunn
Cottar
Cottar

Re: saying hello

#2 Post by revgunn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:01 am

Hello!! Welcome. I just got here too. I was also considering running a HarnMaster game online, probably Roll20. Good luck!

Brian_Smaller
Villein
Villein

#3 Post by Brian_Smaller » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 am

Welcome. I was thinking of using one of the online table tops as well but am not sure - looks awfully complicated.

rob
Knight
Knight

#4 Post by rob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello and welcome Sir. I was born in Pittsburgh but live outside of DC now.

GunnarGreybeard
Beadle
Beadle

#5 Post by GunnarGreybeard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:57 am

jboyd4650 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:34 am
Unfortunately, the world has spread out, and my time is spent on an off shift job, I have slowly moved from the playing aspect, but, someday I hope to get a game running in the Harn world, and on fantasy grounds (not sure of the system). Any one in the Pittsburgh, PA area, I can travel...but, mostly on the weekends. Would love to play.
Welcome James.

I started work a while back trying to get HarnMaster into Fantasy Grounds using the generic MoreCore Ruleset. Nothing fancy as I have no coding experience, just tweaking that existing ruleset to try and do what it needs to do to be able to play. Unfortunately, RL interrupted and work ceased. I was able to get them to add in small code so that it would determine when criticals (successes and fails) are triggered when a roll ends in either '0 or '5 (check the 2nd link). Here are a couple links to my earlier work.

Harn Calendar > http://www.lythia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 39#p213239

Skill Checks > http://www.lythia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 77#p216493

Strike Location Tables > http://www.lythia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 77#p216676

Nothing fancy but would probably get the job done.