Harn Manor Generator Updates

This board is for people interested in assisting in the development of software tools for use with Hârn. It would be best for the topics of this forum to remain focussed on the subject matter, and not to wander off topic, as so many other threads do.

Moderators: Spartan, Mikael Hegardt

Streamweaver
Half Villein
Half Villein

Harn Manor Generator Updates

#1 Post by Streamweaver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm making a Harn Manor generator in Angular. I've mentioned this in a few other posts but I thought I'd start posting information and screenshots here as this progresses in case there is interest and for overall feedback. I'm tinkering away at this after work so it's progressing slowly over time. At this point, you can enter manor basic details like gross acres, cleared acres, if slaves are allowed, what the feudal obligation is and what kind of topography. All the tenant, craftsman, officer and glebe generation rules are in effect. I also just added generation of fisherman/trappers for coastal/forest manors as well as Fish/Game warden assignments with some logic (i.e. Fisherman can't have the Herder Office). Screen shots below. After this I'll either start on the budget calculation or lords household generation.

It generates Yeoman based on minimal feudal obligation right now, later I will likely add a feature for men-at-arms additions based on the economics of the manor.

There are some tweaks to the rules but I'm mostly trying to stick to them. The officers assignments are weighted toward serfs with higher acres but high ML plays a role as well, it's only weighted though and you can get variance.

Fisherman and Trappers are weighted to favor selection from eligible tenants with fewer acres etc. Other things like Reeve/Beadle can't come from fisherman or trapper (since they are so focused on planting). Herder can't come from fishermen.

Lowland/Highland Manor

Coastal Manor

Forest Manor

MDMann
Constable
Constable

Re: Harn Manor Generator Updates

#2 Post by MDMann » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Looks good. Your lowland manor has no guildsmen (unless they're offshot).

Can you say anything about Angular, I'm not familiar with it? Thanks.
Per Sir Veer.

Streamweaver
Half Villein
Half Villein

#3 Post by Streamweaver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

MDMann wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Looks good. Your lowland manor has no guildsmen (unless they're offshot).

Can you say anything about Angular, I'm not familiar with it? Thanks.
That was just an artifact of the order of generation in that run, crafters must have been below the fold. Settings for those runs didn't generate many Yeoman either because the Fedual Obligation was the standard 1500 HH/ 600 LF and parameters only 2k Gross Acres and 1k cleared. To show more of the actual features of the generator, including a screenshot below of Lowland Manor with 2k Gross Acres, 1k Cleared, 0 HH 200 LF for Feudal Obligation (it will generate more Yeoman), also allowing Slavery. Same code just different parameters on a lowland manor run.

Angular is a framework usually used for single page apps. these days you write in Typescript that cross-piles to javascript. You can find more info at Angular.io, nothing amazing about it other than I can eventually host the code from this for free out of GitHub since there wont be any serverside code.

Another Example of Lowland Manor generated with high requirement for Yeoman and Thralls allowed (Crafters easier to see this time)

Targan
Yeoman
Yeoman

#4 Post by Targan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm

I know almost nothing about how such things are planned and programmed, but that end result looks bloody good.
Sent from my PC using my keyboard

MDMann
Constable
Constable

#5 Post by MDMann » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks.
Per Sir Veer.

pebran
Villein
Villein

#6 Post by pebran » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Good work :)

Will the source code be available to the community? On GitHub?

/Peter

Streamweaver
Half Villein
Half Villein

#7 Post by Streamweaver » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 am

pebran wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm

/Peter
It's there now. I generally keep it checkins going on GitHub for my own convenience. https://github.com/Streamweaver/harn-tools

Just note that I'm not keeping releases there. I'm working on it and do sometimes check-in broken code so I can switch computers, but I try not to leave it broken.

pebran
Villein
Villein

#8 Post by pebran » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Streamweaver wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 am
pebran wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm

/Peter
It's there now. I generally keep it checkins going on GitHub for my own convenience. https://github.com/Streamweaver/harn-tools
Thank you :D

Streamweaver
Half Villein
Half Villein

#9 Post by Streamweaver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 am

Still continuing to chip away at this. Went down a rabbit hole of sharing data efficiently between components but I think it's fixed up. I have an initial Lords Household being generated, generating individual crops, generating individual herds. Starting to pass that over to the Fief Budget section, which I'll complete later today I think.

BTW, it probably wasn't apparent but this is a generator yes, but the intent of this is to be able to modify it dynamically after it's generated so people can adjust acres worked, crop distribution, household or whatever and the manor numbers update immediately without the need for a page reload. Since there already seems to be a perfectly good manor generator already we don't need just another one.

My own use case is I want to get info about manors players will visit, get an initial generation and modify it, I may start a few years back and run it forward year by year to get a picture of what the situation has been like in a region. At the end I'll likely add a feature to save to a firebase db so I can revisit them.

Anyway, onward.

Latest screenshot, lots of data now so zoomed way out. Tables are rendering poorly but I'll fix those after I get all the data in.