HARN Encounter & Hunting

This board is for people interested in assisting in the development of software tools for use with Hârn. It would be best for the topics of this forum to remain focussed on the subject matter, and not to wander off topic, as so many other threads do.

Moderators: Spartan, Mikael Hegardt

Peter Kreft
Cottar
Cottar

HARN Encounter & Hunting

#1 Post by Peter Kreft » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am

I have completely reworked the Encounter rules and combined them with the hunting rules from (COL-4841) Hunting.

I have split the hunting rules in two parts, one is in the Encounter section, where you can roll for a random animal encounter in the habitat you are in, or more complex hunting rules where you can choose the animal, again based on the habitat and then try to get near enough to attack it.

The Encounter section now also contains, in addition to those in the basic rules (COL-4001), the fair encounters from the Tashal book (COL-5611), and the encounters on the Silver Way (COL-5895).

To use the characters skill in these rules, I have added a new element to the ME.DAT file. Just add these lines to your character profile in the ME.DAT file and replace the numbers with the skill values of your character.

Acrobat,65
Climbing,60
Fishing,0
Foraging,56
Herblore,0
Hunting,79
Jumping,52
Lockcraft,0
Physician,24
Rhetoric,0
Swimming,0
Throwing,52
Tracking,59

Landing Page:

https://peterssoftwareprojects.wordpres ... r-hunting/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joseph_mccallum
Woodward
Woodward

Re: HARN Encounter & Hunting

#2 Post by joseph_mccallum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 am

This is really nice Peter, super useful! Thank you!!