Treasure Hoard & Trade Goods

General Discussion area about anything Hârn-related.

Moderator: Spartan

Dan L P
Beadle
Beadle

Treasure Hoard & Trade Goods

#1 Post by Dan L P » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:59 am

Treasure Hoards & Trade Goods
I put together PDFs for aiding in creating treasure hoards.
It explains how to roll up a treasure hoard and the different types of treasure hoards, who the treasure hoards came from, I expands on the random jewelry table, I've created a random Trade goods table, and a random Armour table.

After reading a book on the treasure of Troy and doing internet searches on treasure hoards and medieval jewelry, I decided to expand the random jewelry table.
Gone are the very rare items (they can be added at the GM discretion) and they have been replaced with more common items used to show the wealth of the owner, such as beads, fasteners, neck rings, hat badges, etc… made out of common to rare material. Jewelry is used to impress others, more than to cash it in for money.
PC with lots of expensive jewelry are more likely to impress towns people and Nobles.

Making up the Trade Goods table I went through every Harn price list I could find and listed items under 37d in price. In a different thread it was pointed out to me that inexpensive items would be bought by small villages, farmers, manors, and tribal villages. Larger towns and cities would sell the more expensive items. I also add a few things I thought of that were not included on any price list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pokep
Knight
Knight

Re: Treasure Hoard & Trade Goods

#2 Post by pokep » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 am

I admit, I'm just angling for a "fanon of the year award", but here's the treasure table I've been using for 20-plus years.

Roll 1d6.

1 - The gargun took the treasure.
2 - The Ivinians took the treasure.
3 - The barbarians took the treasure.
4 - The noble lord took the treasure.
5 - There never was any treasure.
6 - Roll twice again on this table.

Some say I run a "Monty Haul" campaign, but I think I'm pretty true to the spirit of Harn.

Dan L P
Beadle
Beadle

#3 Post by Dan L P » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:10 pm

The Trade Goods table can also be used to determine what a traveling chandlers might carry.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#4 Post by Rothesay » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:12 pm

pokep wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 am
I admit, I'm just angling for a "fanon of the year award", but here's the treasure table I've been using for 20-plus years.

<snip>

Some say I run a "Monty Haul" campaign, but I think I'm pretty true to the spirit of Harn.
You might be disappointed. :lol:

Dan L P
Beadle
Beadle

#5 Post by Dan L P » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 am

Dan L P wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:10 pm
The Trade Goods table can also be used to determine what a traveling chandlers might carry.
I have made updates on trade goods tables refer to thread labeled Traveling Chandler