Boards to discuss Hârn, HârnWorld, HârnMaster, and RPGs in general.
Links - Home - Kelestia Productions - Columbia Games Inc
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Notice: Do NOT save these email addresses as they may change at some unpredictable point in the future, and I won't provide any notification. My forum signature block will always contain a link to this topic so you can easily find it again at need.

How can I contact an administrator?
If you need to contact an administrator of the HârnForum or HârnList, either email us at: harnforum@lythia_._NO_SPAM_._com or contact me (Leitchy), Dan Bell, becuded, Gothmog, or Mikael Hegardt via this forum's private message (PM) facility...if you are able to, that is.

How do I make an article I wrote available for download?
If you want to publish an article for other fans to freely enjoy, please send it to submissions@lythia.com. I accept submissions by email (as an attachment), but if the file is too large for email (>25MB) or there is a problem with file corruption, we can discuss other methods for getting the file to me, such as Dropbox or some other file sharing arrangement.

Don't forget to include in the email a blurb describing your article for me to include with the submission. However, I reserve the right to edit it to fit the usual style. See any of the existing downloads for examples of these blurbs.

If you just have a question about an existing article or publishing a new article, feel free to send a query to submissions@lythia.com too. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. However, let me stress right now that if your question is whether I'd be interested in publishing an article on anything that is Hârn-related, the answer is yes. If I have an issue with the article, I'll let you know when I review it.

How do I do copyright notices?
Every page of the work (after the cover and contents pages etc.) should have a one line copyright notice at the bottom. Copyright notice will protect you, and Robin's estate. You can choose to add Keléstia Productions Ltd and/or Columbia Games Inc. if you desire, but it's not mandatory. Remember, you MUST acknowledge N. Robin Crossby as the creator of Hârn material. The following are a list of the possible combinations; pick one you think is appropriate.

1. © year, <author's name> and N. Robin Crossby. (this is the minimum requirement of this website)
  2. © year, <author's name>, Keléstia Productions Ltd, and N. Robin Crossby. (this is Kelestia Production Ltd's recommended standard)
  3. © year, <author's name>, Keléstia Productions Ltd, Columbia Games Inc, and N. Robin Crossby.
  4. © year, <author's name>, Columbia Games Inc, and N. Robin Crossby.

Authors, you could leave your name out of the copyright notice, but this means you forego any rights to the work in favour of those so named. I would strongly urge you not to leave your name off any works you create, because you ARE creating something. It may be derivative(1) of earlier work by N. Robin Crossby, but it's arguable that ALL current literary art is at least partially derivative of prior works.

Is there any other attribution necessary?
Larger fanon articles might use the example below to explain the creative credits a bit more completely. You might add Columbia Games Inc. and/or Keléstia Productions Ltd at the end of the first paragraph if you desire, but it's not mandatory. In fact, this whole piece should be considered optional, but nice to have.

Quote:
NOTICE
This is an unofficial HârnFanon work created by <author's name>. It is a derivative work from material created by N. Robin Crossby and is released for free distribution and personal use by <author's name> without the permission or endorsement of N. Robin Crossby or his estate [or Keléstia Productions Ltd | Columbia Games Inc].

This document is available for download free from http://www.lythia.com. If you have been asked to pay for this document, either as a download or as a hard copy, you have been robbed.

Is all that rubbish really necessary?
These requirements, variable as they are, stem from the contract dispute between N. Robin Crossby (and now his estate) and Columbia Games Inc. You can find more information on this website's stance regarding this dispute here:
http://www.lythia.com/2008/01/contract-dispute/

(1) derivative: Based on or making use of other sources; not original or primary.

Leitchy
List & Forum Admin
Admin FAQs
[Updated 25-FEB-2011]

Last bumped by Leitchy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:28 pm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]