Tarrying in Tashal and Environs

A place for members to provide other with game reports; narratives on what happened in their ongoing Hârn games and what kooky things their players did during their sessions.

Moderator: Spartan

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Tarrying in Tashal and Environs

#176 Post by Rothesay » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 am

Heh, syrup is a good way of phrasing it. 8)

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#177 Post by MDMann » Fri May 26, 2017 4:50 am

News?
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#178 Post by Rothesay » Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 am

I don't expect the next session notes to be available for a couple of weeks, but the party is presently in Qualdris. They've killed Mirild Harabor, taken control of the castle, but Kornuska and Cheselyne the Younger escaped. I imagine the next session will be devoted to that, although it looks like they plan to leave Sir Baran Meleken in charge of Qualdris, which is rather closing the circle after all this time.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#179 Post by MDMann » Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 am

Good. Mirild was always a liability anyway. In some ways it strengthens the Harabor position, increasing sympathy whilst removing issues. Of course events must be happening whilst they're away... :roll:
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#180 Post by Rothesay » Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 am

I have Kornuska almost to the point he wants to be quit of the whole black and bloody business. Cheselyne is right there with him having lost two husbands (both decapitated by Ewen which is becoming a fetish actually). In fact, the three prior earls of Osel have lost their heads. Hmm ...

I haven't fully decided, but Kornuska could either head to Chybisa, to Tharda to join the legions, or decide to fight for his birthright. Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision just yet. Heh. 8)

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#181 Post by Rothesay » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:46 am

Session 138 is now available here.

Sir Baris misses a movement (but not ale), Qualdris is taken, and yet another Earl of Osel loses his head.

Enjoy! 8)

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#182 Post by Rothesay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 am

Session 139 has been posted here.

Things are coming to a head, and Meden Curo seems to be counting chickens or something ... 8)

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#183 Post by MDMann » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Poor Baris.

Ewen can't grant him more fiefs politically (right now), though he could accept that Baris has made his feudal dues in person rather than coin. He could also appoint him something like captain of his guard. Not enough for his suit but it's a start and could hint at things to come.

Now the Harabors don't have much support around Osel but they have some and more near Olokand. They could hire mercenaries but should probably content themselves with seeding informants for when the situation improves. Now if Cheselyne were pregnant...

The sword of Calsten could put a spanner in things. Perhaps the Mace Thunderer could be recovered too.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#184 Post by Rothesay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:07 am

Baris' player actually did these notes, but had missed the Qualdris session which was rather sad - he and I had discussed the need for some action and I added the Qualdris gambit because of that! He'll also be missing the upcoming session, so who knows? Every time he misses, his fellow players insert something, because let's face it, the character practically writes himself. That's how he got gout, became a Peonian actress, and what started the whole 'Ewen isn't reading the note' angle. That ending scene (all of which after Baris' rant I added with player approval) is intended to put an end to that particular meme. And with Cekiya following him, lead into the next phase of the intrigue which is discovering the Elendsa Clan Moot. So, poor Baris misses Qualdris and Caleme. :mrgreen:

The player got married last year, and there are many life changes from that. He missed fewer sessions when he was in law school. :lol:

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#185 Post by MDMann » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Well it's been over a month now... :mrgreen:
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#186 Post by Rothesay » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:10 am

The next session is 9/9, though it might get rescheduled.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#187 Post by Rothesay » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:20 am

Session 140 is now available here.

The Elendsas meet secretly at Caleme and elect Serli Ubael the Younger clanhead. Sir Aeomund is there as Astaroc's proxy.

All hail Queen Chelebin IV! 8)

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#188 Post by MDMann » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 pm

I imagine your players played the principals. Now what appointments and decisions will she make? I'd be nasty and appoint Astaroc Master of Esoterica...
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#189 Post by Rothesay » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:38 am

No, just Aeomund - it was his chance to be in the spotlight. The rest of the NPCs are me as usual.

I had decided in advance what each principal wanted in exchange for their support, but it was Aeomund's player who came up with the idea of fobbing off Cheselyne with the alderman position - brilliant.

Astaroc won't accept it. Plus, she can be her own Master of Esoterica as she's a Fyvrian.

Tarkin Hirnen will be chancellor. Firith keeps Marshal and gets Earl of Osel. Balim stays put. Kytem Curo is out as is Harapa Indama. The chamber will get shaken up a bit, but I haven't decided just who to put in. Lenera Firith might get pulled out of Caleme.

The real question becomes what does Meden do? He still has great power in the north and he has Brandis. He shall be pondering hard this winter I think.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#190 Post by MDMann » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Lenera is a shoe-in for seloran somewhere. Nephshire might be interesting. Why not make Edine Krynn primate? He may not seek it but would he refuse? Perhaps expand the marcher armies and royal guard. Who's going to be the new Chel Marshal? Why give Astaroc a choice, just make him master. When he objects, tell him that it's his reward for interfering in the election. Bring him a seedcake.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#191 Post by Rothesay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 am

MDMann wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 pm
Lenera is a shoe-in for seloran somewhere. Nephshire might be interesting.
Indeed, though I was thinking of Lord Chamberlain.
MDMann wrote:Why not make Edine Krynn primate? He may not seek it but would he refuse?
I see no reason to send him to Melderyn. He's more interesting where he is. Besides, that's not in the gift of Kaldor's monarch.
MDMann wrote:Perhaps expand the marcher armies and royal guard. Who's going to be the new Chel Marshal?
One of the reasons Balim backed Serli is he knows she is one of the the handful of people in the family who inherited Torastra's military ability. If he couldn't have Orsin Firith, then she was the next choice given the military challenges facing the kingdom.
MDMann wrote:Why give Astaroc a choice, just make him master. When he objects, tell him that it's his reward for interfering in the election. Bring him a seedcake.
She could, but he wouldn't show up. I'm still working on the nuances of their relationship. He is definitely one of the few who know she is a Shek-Pvar though.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#192 Post by MDMann » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 am

Lord Chamberlain is interesting. Perhaps as serolan of Tashal?

Primate might not be in the kings gift but the GMs? The current one has made a hash of things after all.

Build up some fortifications perhaps. A new keep for a sheriff of Meselyne at the confluence of the Hemurin and Kald? A crenellation license for an Earl (any but Osel) at the headwaters of the lower Osel as it meets the Ilmen? Another to the West for a worthy who can afford it to be raised as baron? Oselbridge as part of the office of Osel Marshall? Naniom bridge for the LoP? A port o the Kald funded by Azadmere?

Then perhaps be invaded by Gwadira next year with her gargun before any of it's ready.

Who's the new Chel Marshall?
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#193 Post by Rothesay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 am

It seems that the sovereigns of Kaldor keep the office of Warden of Chelmarch to themselves. That will probably remain the case, at least initially.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#194 Post by MDMann » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:34 am

Fair enough.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#195 Post by Rothesay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:40 am

I sent you a little gift via PM, BTW. :wink:

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#196 Post by MDMann » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:05 am

Cool.
Per Sir Veer.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#197 Post by MDMann » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 am

Rothesay wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:38 am
No, just Aeomund - it was his chance to be in the spotlight. The rest of the NPCs are me as usual.
So, does this mean that there will be another regular session in the near future?
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#198 Post by Rothesay » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:34 am

Saturday. I usually post the dates under Clerks on my forum.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#199 Post by MDMann » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 am

Good stuff. Write up Sunday then.
Per Sir Veer.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#200 Post by Rothesay » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 am

MDMann wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 am
Write up Sunday then.
Heh, not bloody likely. I usually get the draft about a week before the session date - sometimes less. 8)