Hello

This is where new forum members can introduce themselves, tell us a bit about their roleplaying, the style of game they play, and anything else they want to share.

Moderator: Spartan

Husgaran
Cottar
Cottar

Hello

#1 Post by Husgaran » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:00 pm

New here. I was introduced to Harn about a year ago and have to say, this is the best fantasy world I have ever seen. You get a deep and encompassing sense of how a fantasy world grounded in realism works. I love reading the modules and different histories. Currently our group uses DnD 1e mechanics to play in this setting. Our adventures have taken us through Shorkyne, Rethem, Tharda, Melderyn, Kaldor and Orbaal. .

Leitchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

#2 Post by Leitchy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you've already got a good grasp of things. :)
Cheers

Leitchy
Site Admin
FAQs & Links

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#3 Post by MDMann » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Welcome. A good tour of the provinces. Don't forget to check out the large amount of quality fanon available on this site.
Per Sir Veer.

Brian_Smaller
Villein
Villein

#4 Post by Brian_Smaller » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Welcome. I first played Harn with D&D as well. Then moved to Hero System, then tried HM (various incarnations) and am contemplating moving back to Hero.

Derfman
Knight
Knight

#5 Post by Derfman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 am

Set aside a weekend to download and digest the free fanon.

Quality varies from good to superb. A good portion of it is hard to tell from the canon.

Husgaran
Cottar
Cottar

#6 Post by Husgaran » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:41 pm

The fanon material is pretty good so far and I'm liking it. Leitchy, your price list was nice too. As for the Hero system, never heard of that. I forgot to mention but our group was in Harbaal and Chelemby too. Pretty much we visited every kingdom in Northwest Lythia and Harn except Trierzon. Our campaign has now taken us to the Azeryani Empire where the DM has crafted a bunch of homebrew material. Mostly stuff based on Roman and Byzantine history as you may imagine.