Boards to discuss Hârn, HârnWorld, HârnMaster, and RPGs in general.
Links - Home - Kelestia Productions - Columbia Games Inc
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:08 pm 
By the black pit of Bukrai! :twisted:

I just found my old d20 Harn Rules Conversion from 2002 (as complete as it ever got) under my old ENWorld name, Kaptain Kantrip. For those interested in playing d20 with HarnWorld, or just making their d20 fantasy game more "Harnic" (low fantasy), click here and enjoy:

http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-15438.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:26 pm 
Baron
Baron

Pretty decent, especially for d20.

Is the 10hp+ 'massivce damage' rule yours or the system? I heard 3.0 has some rule, but the impression I got was that it wasn't so leathal.

Leathal is good, BTW.

12th Knight, 8th Constable, 2nd Baron of Harn(Forum)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:39 pm 
Constable
Constable

The original d20 rule is the 50hp massive damage. There was an optional rule about modifying this by size, but it isn't very lethal anyway. A good thing about AFs 10 point rule (which sounds very lethal) is that you are not automatically dead, you start to bleed to death, that at least give the players (and others) a chance.

Thanks for the link AF, me and one of my friend has talked about playing harn d20 with a little more harnic feeling to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:14 pm 
Oh, cool! Glad you guys liked it. I only got to playtest it once as GM--by the second session, we'd switched to HarnMaster Core after Patrick and several other elitists kept screaming about how we were playing Harn "wrong" by using ANY form of d20. :roll:

I thought it worked well in the playtest, but the players complained about losing Sanity points for seeing monsters, casting spells and using psionics. :P

The problem was that while I had all the third party d20 books referenced, most other people who read the rules didn't. My system was cobbled together mostly from bits and pieces of Shane's d20 Harn Guide, Swashbuckling Adventures, Fading Suns d20, Call of Cthulhu d20 (sanity, magic and psionics) and whatever else I could lay my hands on that I didn't invent myself.

I was particularly proud of turning D&D monsters in unique Ivashu, like Belker, Lord of the Mist (at the end of my rules). That change alone--the way I presented it--represented a massive shift in the way standard Monster Manual critters could be reimagined as very special encounters. Of course, some of that credit goes to NRC... :wink:

If you end up using any of it in your game, let me know how it goes! :wink: