Mengola PDF Map link fixed. (Premium Accounts)

A place where you can talk about new products from Kelestia Productions (http://www.kelestia.com), what you'd like to see, how to use their rules system, modules, etc. Discussion should be restricted to products from this company only; comparisons to other products belongs in a more general forum.

Moderators: Fastred, Ken_Snellings

pokep
Knight
Knight

Mengola PDF Map link fixed. (Premium Accounts)

#1 Post by pokep » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:04 am

Premium customers - take note.

There was a glitch in the Mengola product posting and it just got fixed. The Mengola map is now available to Premium members for free download. This is a full-color, multi-layer PDF map that covers all of Lythia north of 40N longitude and east of 30E latitude, all the way to the Thianic Ocean.

AxelSchudak
Beadle
Beadle

Re: Mengola PDF Map link fixed. (Premium Accounts)

#2 Post by AxelSchudak » Sat May 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Just downloaded - looking good.

8 regional maps, in a 5*2 format. A bit awkward for printing, but a real gem :-)
The left two regions are anchored on the Venarive map, showing the northern coastline of Lythia.

I wonder wether the climate would allow for shipping along that coast - probably not, looking at its Terran equivalent. A Karune will meet to many adverse winds (and probably ice), while a rowed ship will not be able to carry enough provisions.

pokep
Knight
Knight

#3 Post by pokep » Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 am

Hmmm. Lythia's "northern rim" is substantially farther south than Asia's, so less ice. But the polar ocean is much larger, so more (and more powerful) storms. Which puts it right at that cusp of possibility . . . which is where it should be, right?!

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#4 Post by MDMann » Sun May 07, 2017 3:02 am

A bit more complicated than that. I've not seen the map but (lots of other factors) a bigger body of water would make it colder with a larger extent of ice.
Per Sir Veer.

pokep
Knight
Knight

#5 Post by pokep » Sun May 07, 2017 3:28 am

No doubt it's more complicated. Another factor is that Kethira's rotational axis is more aligned with its orbit, so the seasons are less pronounced.

MDMann
Knight
Knight

#6 Post by MDMann » Sun May 07, 2017 3:32 am

Depth and shape of the coast are also key as well as axial tilt and speed of rotation.
Per Sir Veer.

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#7 Post by zrayaan » Sun May 07, 2017 4:50 am

I didn't see a link or article for it in my premium section.
Cheers, Konnel.

Eshâyaél | Green & Pleasant Land

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#8 Post by Rothesay » Sun May 07, 2017 6:05 am

I don't see a link either.

pokep
Knight
Knight

#9 Post by pokep » Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am

Hmmm. It's the second item on the list on mine. After "Coins, Credit, and Commerce". Maybe I'm super-premium! Yay me!

zrayaan
Knight
Knight

#10 Post by zrayaan » Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

pokep wrote:Hmmm. It's the second item on the list on mine. After "Coins, Credit, and Commerce". Maybe I'm super-premium! Yay me!
And so it was. Critical fail on my read roll. Although, to assuage any cognitive dissonance, I will say that I thought I already had downloaded that article and that it related to something else, but that was still not the case so I'll have to admit I didn't hit the "show more" that actually names Mengola.
Cheers, Konnel.

Eshâyaél | Green & Pleasant Land

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#11 Post by Rothesay » Sun May 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Sadly, me too. Perhaps if the name had been in the title. :wink:

AxelSchudak
Beadle
Beadle

#12 Post by AxelSchudak » Sun May 07, 2017 8:12 pm

The map is in an already published article that came without one previously... and only shows up, if you click on the article proper, which you usually not do once you have read it.

So thanks for pointing it out here!

As for ‎navigability - ‎its probably possible, though both logistics (where to get food) and weather may pose insurmountable problems. Looking at this coast a Dak or even a Karune seem unable to navigate this unless the weather (esp. wind and ice) is way better then it would be on earth. With a longboat they would need quite some stops to gather food in a region where this should be rare - unless settlements where food can be attained by coin, trade or raid are far more frequent then they look from map or background. Perhaps setting up camps and foraging by hunting may work, if the crew is apt. The question then remains for the motivation. A rich merchant or kingdom may look for new trading routes, but this will hardly be a case here. Perhaps a sponsored expedition by merchants or more arcance societies looking for the source of the iceglass may provide a background, but that would not really go around half of Lythia. Seems that my group that recently captured a Dak from pirates and "failed" to locate the original owners will go south for now... well, if they are successfull, they may need a way back and try to circumnavigate Lythia - looking at the speed of play this will probably take place in 2037. :-)