Seeking a GameMaster

A members' announcement area for conventions, and for people seeking other people, such as GMs who are seeking players, players who are seeking games, or Hârniacs wishing to contact other Hârniacs while travelling. Please include your city, state and country (eg. London, TX, USA or London, UK) in the title (except for online games, of course).

Moderator: Spartan

charm80469
Cottar
Cottar

Seeking a GameMaster

#1 Postby charm80469 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi, all!

A friend of mine and I are very interested in playing some very specific scenarios in the Harn setting. The problem? Neither of us enjoy DMing. Really, we kind of hate it. We're interested in finding someone familiar with Harn who might be interested in hearing our ideas, and who is open to running a game (or campaign?) through an online medium. Probably Roll20.

I feel like I've been very vague, but hopefully someone's interested enough to message me for more information. :lol:

GunnarGreybeard
Beadle
Beadle

Re: Seeking a GameMaster

#2 Postby GunnarGreybeard » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 pm

zrayaan has been recruiting for a Roll20 game. There is a link on the forums here somewhere.

Krazma
Constable
Constable

#3 Postby Krazma » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 am

charm80469 wrote:Hi, all!

A friend of mine and I are very interested in playing some very specific scenarios in the Harn setting. The problem? Neither of us enjoy DMing. Really, we kind of hate it. We're interested in finding someone familiar with Harn who might be interested in hearing our ideas, and who is open to running a game (or campaign?) through an online medium. Probably Roll20.

I feel like I've been very vague, but hopefully someone's interested enough to message me for more information. :lol:

It might be more productive if you could give a little more information here about the "very specific scenarios" you have in mind. I think some folks here might be interested, but reluctant to initiate contact for something that they have no idea about.

Sort of like those dating websites; just saying "I want to date someone. Contact me." usually doesn't work as well as something more targeted ("If you like Pina Coladas..."). YMMV, of course.

blackhorde
Constable
Constable

#4 Postby blackhorde » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 am

GunnarGreybeard wrote:zrayaan has been recruiting for a Roll20 game. There is a link on the forums here somewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22838
Fred Ellis aka Blackhorde

Visit Harshlands, 'the' online Harn MUD World
http://www.harshlands.net
"I shower in their tears ..."

GarryHamlin
Half Villein
Half Villein

#5 Postby GarryHamlin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:32 pm

I'd be willing to listen to your campaign ideas and see if we can work something out. I've run Harn home campaigns and have run events at Origins and GenCon the past few years, using 3rd ed. Problem is, while I have roll20 on my computer, I don't understand it and have never successfully used it. Learning the technology would be worth considering running a campaign consistent with your ideas.

charm80469
Cottar
Cottar

#6 Postby charm80469 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Welp. I totally spaced out waiting for my account to be approved and entirely missed these replies. If anyone is still interested, please let me know. :?

@Krazma, as far as being more specific: we're looking for scenarios that involve political intrigue and potentially rulership.* We're big fans of Crusader Kings (I & II) and Birthright, and find that Harn really hits some of the same sweet spots for us as those games. We'd love to hear from anyone interested in a roleplay and politics heavy game concept. :P Of course, I may be assuming that idea is new and unique or crazy, and come to find out everyone and their mom has already been doing it. We'll see!

*Potentially playing NPCs.

Rothesay
Sheriff
Sheriff

#7 Postby Rothesay » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Meanwhile, if it's intrigue ye be after, I shall modestly recommend my session notes with links from here.

Return to “Clan Moot”