Further to my PMs with Ilkka, I got to thinking that we should have a place on the HarnForum where people can suggest things that they would like to see. Sort of a Harnic wish list. This can act as a source of inspiration for aspiring Fanon writers who don't know what they should write about. It may also act as a catalyst, inspiring other HarnFans and GMs with cool ideas for their own campaigns.
Just a few ideas to get things rolling:
- Codominium ruins. There was a great article in Thonahexus about ruins, I would like some adventures based around the discovery and exploration of these ruins.
- Viking raids. Despite Cape Renda, there must be some brave vikings willing to raid Kanday, Rethem or Melderyn. Perhaps an adventure around that.
- More descriptions of mercenary units.
- A good article describing a caravan. We know caravans travel along the caravan routes, but an article describing a whole caravan, the characters in it, the wagons, horses, outriders, mercenaries etc. Then I could just have my PCs (if I had any
) join the caravan.
- More guild articles.
- I liked the idea of an article on secret cults (Morgathian, Agrikan, Navehan) in "good" kingdoms.
- Foresters and Sheriffs. If you are going to run a Robin Hood type campaign, we need to know more about foresters. Along the same lines, I would love to see more about Sheriffs in general, how Shire courts work, some idea of the sheriff's schedule, how many men he has, what they do day to day.
- Royal bureaucracy. There was a great thread a few months ago on the clerks of the Royal Household, I would like to see and article which expands and explains all of the jobs of the household (perhaps with what type of person fills the job, what skills they have, the powers they have).
- The White Hand. Who are they, what do they do. I have an image of Bester and the Psi-Corp from Babylon-5 as the model, but perhaps someone else has a different idea.
- Building rules. I would like someone to come up with a rule expansion to cover construction. How much to build a townhouse, a manor house, a barn etc. This should cover construction in a core-kingdom area, with special rules for frontiers. It should include construction times.
- More about Gargun. Nomadic gargun are hardly detailed at all. An adventure about nomadic gargun moving into an area.
- Hobbits. I vaguely remember a discussion (perhaps a small write up) on hobbit like creatures living on the borders of Evael. Myth or real????
- Mining. Rules for finding minerals, getting a charter, establishing a mine, operating a mine...
Since its nearly Christmas, who else has some Harnic wishes?