Treasure Hoards & Random Armour Generator

General Discussion area about anything Hârn-related.

Moderator: Spartan

Dan L P
Woodward
Woodward

Treasure Hoards & Random Armour Generator

#1 Post by Dan L P » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Using Harnmaster 3 Treasure, I put together a Random Treasure Hoards Generator & Random Armour Generator. For when you want to put a treasure some were but don't know how big to make it. I hope you find it useful.
See Attachments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dan L P
Woodward
Woodward

Re: Treasure Hoards & Random Armour Generator

#2 Post by Dan L P » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 am

How large do you usually make your treasure hoards and what was the largest one for Harnmaster like?
Do you think my treasure hoards are on the small size?
Maybe I should go larger?

WarFlail
Yeoman
Yeoman

#3 Post by WarFlail » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 am

I tend to stick with what was generated for random encounters, but would think through planned treasure to what was reasonable given the owner's wealth and status. If the PCs were stealing a manorial lord's silverware, for instance, or a dead king's treasure in a crypt.

Generally I am pretty tight with treasure - I don't yield much unless the plot calls for it, to keep with the 'poor' feel of Hârn. Every silver coin found is treasure. Although I recall the PCs did get very rich on paper - several pounds' worth of usurers' notes... too bad they couldn't cash them in in many instances! :twisted:

Targan
Silly Bugger of the Month
Silly Bugger of the Month

#4 Post by Targan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:33 pm

WarFlail wrote:Generally I am pretty tight with treasure - I don't yield much unless the plot calls for it, to keep with the 'poor' feel of Hârn. Every silver coin found is treasure. Although I recall the PCs did get very rich on paper - several pounds' worth of usurers' notes... too bad they couldn't cash them in in many instances! :twisted:
Let's be honest, Bill... none of your Harnmaster campaigns that I've played in had a happy ending. PCs retiring wealthy and contented? Not a chance! The best you could hope for was a relatively quick and painless death :mrgreen:
Last edited by Targan on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be feared than loved" - Nicolo Machiavelli

WarFlail
Yeoman
Yeoman

#5 Post by WarFlail » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Targan wrote:PCs retiring wealthy and contented? Not a chance! The best you could hope for was a relatively qick and painless death :mrgreen:
It's not an adventurer's lot to retire and die old, especially not in Hârn. But why would they want to? To quote the Kurgan: "It's better to burn out than to fade away!" :-)

Wielding weapons that don't break at the first encounter, having decent armour that doesn't reduce your movement speed to a crawl, mastery in all skills, good standing with your deity, fame among your followers, respect from your enemies, a good meal and ale every day and no infections or lasting impairments. These are a Hârnic adventurer's dream...

Especially the "no impairments" bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan L P
Woodward
Woodward

#6 Post by Dan L P » Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 am

Jewelry
After reading a book on the treasure of Troy and doing internet searches on treasure hoards and medieval jewelry, I decided to expand the random jewelry table and add it to my PDF for Treasure Hoards.
Gone are the very rare items (they can be added at the GM discretion) and they have been replaced with more common items used to show the wealth of the owner, such as beads, fasteners, neck rings, hat badges, etc… made out of common to rare material. Jewelry is used to impress others,more than to cash it in for money.
PC with lots of expensive jewelry are more likely to impress towns people and Nobles.
At GM discretion increase PC ORATORY and RHETORIC by how much and the value of the PC jewelry.
See attached PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.